Privacy Notice – Accessing support from Big Ideas Wales as a teacher, tutor, Enterprise Champion, community group leader etc.
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide to Big Ideas Wales. The data will be processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
This privacy notice explains how your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
When you request support from Big Ideas Wales on behalf of the organisation that you work with or apply to take part in an event you will be asked to provide personal data to ensure that we can contact you and keep you informed on the services available to help you. We process your data in line with the official authority vested in Welsh Government to support youth entrepreneurship in line with the national strategy Prosperity for All: The Economic Action Plan. Your data will be processed by the Welsh Government and the following service providers:
- Prospects and Cazbah who run events and workshops on behalf of Big Ideas Wales
- Antur Teifi and Business in Focus who run the bootcamps, events, workshops and deliver pre start business support on behalf of Business Wales
- Welsh Government appointed research bodies who are contracted to undertake research on behalf of the Welsh Government
Your data will be retained for the duration of the Big Ideas Wales programme plus 10 years for audit purposes.
Changes to this policy
Under the data protection legislation, You have the right to:
– Access to the Personal data that we are processing about you;
– Require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data;
– The right (in certain circumstances) to object to or restrict processing;;
– The right (in certain circumstances) for your data to be ‘erased’;
– Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
If you want to contact us to discuss a complaint or concern you have about the way the Welsh Government are processing your personal data, or want to request erasure of your data, you can ask to speak to the Data Protection Officer through calling the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000 or by contacting us online via https://bigideas.wales/contact-us
If you have concerns or a complaint about how the Welsh Government are handling data under GDPR , the contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Customer Contact Wycliffe House
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer,
CF10 3NQ Email address:
The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request